GB Family Care’s Dr. Maria Gonzalez Berlari
Dr. Maria Gonzalez Berlari is the Medical Director at GB Family Care.
She attended medical school at Universidad Nacional de Rosario in Argentina, and graduated in the Top 10 of her class in 2002.
After moving to the US and completing a year of research in the Psychiatry Department at the University of Iowa, Dr. Gonzalez-Berlari, she did an internship there prior to completing her Family Medicine Residency at Miami Jackson Memorial.
Her research led to two NIH funded studies:
Escitalopram and Problem-Solving Therapy for Prevention of Poststroke Depression – Published in JAMA, May 28th 2008
Depression in post stroke patients – publication pending.
While in residency, Dr. Gonzalez-Berlari won the Resident Student Scholarship Award from the South Florida Medical Foundation.
After graduation from residency, she was accepted into the nationally recognized Geriatric Fellowship program at Banner Boswell Medical Center. She joined the Abrazo Medical Group in 2009, and recently left to found GB Family Care in 2012.
She is Board Certified in Family Practice and an active member of the American Medical Association, American Academy of Family Physicians, American College of Physicians, and the Arizona Latin Medical Association (ALMA).
Dr. Gonzalez-Berlari is fluent in both Spanish and English, and enjoys taking care of a broad range of medical issues from infancy to seniors.
Achievements and Awards
- Board Certified Family Medicine
- Board Certified Geriatric Medicine
- FAAFP, Recognition as Fellow for American Academy of Family Physicians July 2017.
- Advocate for Donate Life Arizona, hosting and volunteering in multiple events across the Valley to promote organ donation from July 2013 to present.
- Speaker at Radio La Campesina 89.5 FM weekly and monthly radio talk shows discussing diabetes and various other medical issues that affect Hispanic population from May 2013 to May 2015.
- ACN-Dignity member of Quality Committee from May 2014 to July 2016.
- ACN-Dignity Board member from December 2014 to July 2016.
- Maryvale Parkway Terrace retirement home, hosting monthly educational meetings to residents about various health issue from May 2014 to Mary 2015.
- Advocate for Ashline smoking cessation program and winning best practice award for GB Family Care 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Board member Physician Leadership Group Maryvale Hospital July 2015 to June 2017.
- Board member American Diabetes Association, Phoenix AZ Chapter 2015 til Present
- Recognition as Fellow for American Academy of Family Physicians July 2017.